Linux Rising - 2019
In digging deeper into Microsoft’s fee based OS I have discovered a few more uglies.
1) MS has been testing this with a private company since 2005, that is pre Windows 8.
2) It was written in the FREE TOS of the free upgrade to W10
3) Worst of all, the last few Windows updates (think Creators & 1803) have included much of the fee based OS. The last update included features for TimeLine and resume transfer, both are cloud based features, now I understand.
According to a source from Australia that works for MS the update that will unleash the fee based system should be called simply “Windows” no 11 not code name just “Windows”. It should change the properties window in your computer from “Windows 10" to “Windows”.
Since most of the future OS is already installed and ready to go on all Windows 10 devices (remember updates are no longer optional) about the only thing for MS left to do is apply the fee code, or “Windows” code.
For the home user the name is reported to be “Windows Managed Desktop” now the acronym for that is WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction).
So the name of this post is “Linux Rising - 2019" why? I strongly feel that MS has at last opened the door to wide spread personal use of Linux. Several things will happen in 2019.
1) Windows 7 systems on eBay and sites like LSN will sell fast and high. With W7 you can turn off the update options and as long as you are not surfing to dangerous sites use it on the Internet. We currently have 3 systems running Windows 7 and I intend to purchase several more, I am stock piling Windows 7 systems for the start of MS-WMD.
2) Linux has come a long way and many users can’t tell the difference between it and Windows and Linux is able to run many Windows programs. I believe the Linux community will step up very soon and start to make the “Windows User Friendly” request because by the end of 2019 Linux may just be on more personal devices then Windows.
I do have a request for the Linux community. If there is a means please work out the bugs to get Linux working flawlessly on devices such as the Dell Venue 5055 and 5130 and the 7000 series. I have already started my research into installing Linux on my Dell Venue 5130 and currently there are several major issues. It would be a nice take down to MS to get Linux working as a smooth tablet alternative.
The most upsetting part of this MS announcement is...they are violating my personal rights. I bought (meaning I paid money for and I am at the poverty level) my tablet. I paid cash for my Dell Venue, and soon I will not be able to use it, unless I pay to use what I paid for all ready. That amazes me. I have to pay to use something I paid for.
I believe the Linux Community will become mainstream and I believe that 2019 will see a surge in Linux users and I believe “Linux Rising - 2019" will happen.
I still think the fee based, cloud based version of Windows is a violation of the GDPR. That alone may stop the madness.
DeWayne Watts: I started out writing short stories and poetry. Some of which was published in the 1980's. I have parts of 5 novels written and have completed 2 novels. I have been married over 25 years and raised 2 wonderful sons who have been a great addition to the human family.
Follow me on GOODREADS
The 3 Novels/Books Written By DeWayne Watts
Click Title to Buy the Book.
"The Boy in The Wood"
Click Title To Buy The Book.