The information in this post is copyrighted and may not be reposted without consent from Kerry Green or Gregory Watts.
Kerry Green developed this method after weeks of testing and work. This post is now in the troubleshoot section of the Dell Database.
You have a Dell Venue 5055 and have somehow bricked it, meaning it's worthless and will not boot. Recently my friend Kerry Green was asked to repair a Dell Venue that was in a non-boot loop. It would flash in a millisecond the TPM error. I looked at it and we both studied many forums, all said it was toasted. This is the error where the TPM is not allowing you to get to BIOS or install any OS. No attached keyboard, nothing will allow you in. The TPM was created to prevent a theft from reinstalling the OS and using the tablet. Well, Kerry found a way.
There is a serious disclaimer from him, read it, you are seriously doing this at your own risk.
Disclaimer: This repair involves advanced micro-soldering techniques. And you could run the risk of destroying your Bios chip. Perform this repair at your own risk.
1. Remove back cover and unplug the battery.
2. Remove the shield covering the processor and memory.
3. Locate the Bios chip in the smaller field under the shield.
4. The bios will be marked: Winbond 25Q64FW1G
5. Solder a 26 or 28-gauge wire to pin 6 of the Bios chip.
Photos 2 & 3
Plug the battery back in hook up a USB Keyboard, and power on the tablet. When the dell logo comes on, short the wire to pins 3,2,1 in that order while pressing F2 repeatedly.
- After you have shorted all three pins, the tablet should boot into bios.
6. Once in Bios, go to Intel PTT settings in Security and turn it off. That is TPM2 settings.
Be sure you have it set for legacy boot and not UEFI.
8. Restart tablet and reinstall OS.
9. Be sure to desolder wire and then re-assemble.
Photos 5; 6 & 7
DeWayne Watts: I started out writing short stories and poetry. Some of which was published in the 1980's. I have parts of 5 novels written and have completed 2 novels. I have been married over 25 years and raised 2 wonderful sons who have been a great addition to the human family.
Follow me on GOODREADS
The 3 Novels/Books Written By DeWayne Watts
Click Title to Buy the Book.
"The Boy in The Wood"
Click Title To Buy The Book.