Our front porch has white Soffit on the ceiling. It's about 14' long and 6' wide, so a large area. It was dirty, probably not washed since it was built in 2007. Mildew was all over it.
So Cj bought two gallons of bleach. I poured it into a standard garden pump sprayer and started in the back around the back door. Simba (Shai’s new cat has decided that was his litter box) I sprayed the flower beds around the back door, hopefully to change the smell for Simba so he would get the message. I used almost a gallon in that area and up the siding, looks good.
I then came around front to spray the porch. I had to hold the spray wand overhead and that allowed bleach to form streams down my arm. Over and over and over the bleach ran along the same path. The photo is the end result. I burned it with bleach.
It still is uncomfortable and when I take even a warm shower I am reminded of the burning. So I take just solid cold showers, any heat and I am reminded of the rivers of bleach.
So if you have to bleach your house don’t do as I did. I can’t think of anything someone can do to avoid bleach running down your body, or in your mouth, eyes, hair, well everywhere, but maybe keep the water hose on and spray yourself down every few minutes.